students work in the low speed wind tunnel lab

Undergraduate students have the opportunity to work with innovative professors conducting cutting-edge research. They may earn coursework credit, volunteer their time, or be paid as an Undergraduate Research Assistant (URA).

Interested undergraduates should contact their professor of interest regarding available opportunities.

Off-Campus Research

Students who are interested in a career in research and development are strongly encouraged to participate in off-campus Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) programs. The National Science Foundation (NSF) lists hundreds of REUs online and students may consider other laboratories such as the Applied Research Laboratories or the Center for Space Research.