Year after year, the aerospace engineering graduate program at UT Austin's Cockrell School of Engineering is recognized as a top-ranked graduate engineering program.
- Aerospace engineering graduate program 7th overall, U.S. News & World Report
- 4th Most Influential Scientific Research Institution in Aerospace, 2004-2014, Thomson Reuters State of Innovation Report
Comprising pioneers, specialists and visionaries, our faculty will inspire you.
- 33 Tenure/tenure-track faculty
- 7 Members of National Academy of Engineering
- 6 National Science Foundation CAREER Award Winners
- Interdisciplinary research activities in astronautics, earth-space engineering and science, aviation, energy, robotics, theoretical and experimental mechanics, and computational engineering.
Substantial Funding for Graduate Students
We know funding matters. The ASE/EM department offers well-qualified graduate students financial packages that include fellowships, paid teaching or research positions, health insurance and tuition coverage. In fact, 99% of our Ph.D. track students receive funding.
Austin, Texas, the state's vibrant capital city, offers more than just SXSW and BBQ.
- No. 1 fastest-growing city in the country (Forbes, 2014)
- Serves as a major tech industry hub, fostering innovation and creativity
- Boasts history, culture, community, live music, outdoor recreation
- Enjoys a sunny, temperate climate year-round