Laxminarayan L. Raja
Aerothermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
Phone: (512) 471-4279
Office: WRW 318B
Ph.D., The University of Texas at Austin
- Computational plasma and fluid dynamics
- High-performance computing
- Plasma actuators for low-speed, supersonic and hypersonic flow control
- Microplasma-based small satellite plasma propulsion
- Study of rail-armature contact gap plasmas in electromagnetic launchers
- Atmospheric-pressure non-equilibrium discharge phenomena
Dr. Raja specializes in computational modeling and experimental studies of low-temperature glow discharge plasmas. His current research focus is on atmospheric-pressure glow discharges, microdischarges, and semiconductor process plasmas. His research is currently supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF), the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR), and other industrial sponsors. He was awarded the NSF-CAREER Award in 2001.
His Administrative Associate is Geetha Rajagopal, (512) 471-5962.