Kenneth M. Liechti
E.P. Schoch Professorship in Engineering
Solids, Structures and Materials
Phone: (512) 471-4164
Office: WRW 110C
Ph.D., California Institute of Technology
- Interfacial force microscopy
- Nano indentation of ultra thin films and self-assembled monolayers
- Mechanics of adhesion and friction
- Interfacial fracture mechanics
- Experimental mechanics
- Composite materials
- Microelectronics packaging
Dr. Liechti's research focuses on the deformation and failure mechanisms in multilayered materials and structures using a combination of experimental and numerical stress analytical techniques. He has served on the Cockrell School of Engineering faculty since 1982. He has two and a half years of industrial experience and has published more than 50 technical articles. He is co-author of the book Mechanics of Materials with Marc Bedford.
His Senior Administrative Associate is Dena Wagner, (512) 471-5963.